There are a couple alluring features in this city of 5,000 and change. Indian Wells, California has an average annual temperature is 89 degrees (32° Celsius) and a tennis club that hosts a mid size tournament and other events (concerts, NBA games, art festivals, etc.) throughout the year. Gold diggers take notice – According to Wikipedia, Indian Wells has the highest proportion of millionaires of any city in the United States. So ladies, leave the long dresses at home and bring your hooker boots.
I’m losing focus… back to the point of this post.
Spending most of the year at golf and tennis events, I’ve come up with a short list of minor differences between the two. A few positives of tennis:
- Most days we don’t have to be on site before the sun rises.
- Golf carts aren’t necessary to get to our equipment.
- You don’t have to tip toe around the site, whispering over an earpiece connected to your cell phone or voice radio.
- The female tennis players are way above average
- The women that come to watch the male tennis players are way above average.
I have a short list for golf as well but I’ll save it for another post.
On most mornings I’ve elected to walk to the site from our rental house. It’s the perfect way to start off the day and by 8:00 AM the weather is already just about perfect. It also lets me catch up on some neglected music that’s been gathering dust on my iPhone.
A 3.7 mile walk according to Google Maps: